Arenberg Prize - Call for applications
The Coimbra Group network has published the announcement for the Arenberg-Coimbra Group Prize for the year 2019 available for former Erasmus students. The Arenberg Foundation’s aim is to „encourage greater and more widespread knowledge of the history and culture of the European continent”. The prize is of the value of EUR 5,000.
Candidates who are eligible
- have obtained their Master degree at ELTE (as a Coimbra Group member university) in any discipline during the twelve months preceding the application submission deadline (i.e. between 30 November 2018 and 30 November 2019),
- have already participated in an Erasmus exchange programme with another Coimbra Group University. Coimbra Group member universities are as follows: https://www.coimbra-group.eu/mission-statement/members/
Applications will only be considered if both criteria are fulfilled.
The application shall include
- the filled application form (“Template to accompany applications”) and
- a four-page long essay in English language, with the topic of the applicant presenting his/her thesis, whereby discussing how the Erasmus exchange has contributed to his/her university studies and demonstrating the added value of that exchange to writing their Master degree work.
Receipt of the applications until 30 November 2019, to be sent electronically to Katalin Öhler, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in the subject line: NAME_Arenberg-Coimbra Group Prize.
Following the submission of applications
- Applications of a maximum of three participants can be forwarded by every CG university to the Coimbra Group office (2nd round). Taken this into consideration, the jury of ELTE will pick three applications to reach the second round with the CG office.
- A notification message will be sent out to every applicant by the ELTE International Strategy Office whether his/her application is to be included in the second round or not.
- The Coimbra Group will announce the winner of the competition at the end of March 2020.
International Strategy Office
Further information available at https://www.coimbra-group.eu/category/arenberg-cg-prize/