Being an international student - Intercultural Training
Transitions, communication, well-being
You are about to embark on a journey in strange and difficult times. We would like to help you to make the most of the exciting and challenging experience that lies ahead. It’ll be a real venture because you will engage with an unfamiliar country, culture and education system. With this in mind, we are planning to hold four workshops throughout the autumn term to accompany and assist you on this journey.
- help you understand and cope with the process of cultural transitioning
- make your cultural and educational experiences sources of learning, insight and personal growth
- ensure that your psychological and social well-being is guaranteed throughout this time
- create a small international community that also functions as a support group
Workshop dates and times
- Workshop 1: 24 September 2021
- Workshop 2: 5 November 2021
- Workshop 3: 26 November 2021
The workshops start at 14.00 and take until 17:00.
- Dr. Uwe Pohl, Department of English Language Pedagogy, ELTE, Faculty of Humanities
- Bori Nagy, HELP coach
What to expect
Workshop 1 will explore how people see themselves and cultural others, how cultural identities are formed and what is involved in the process of getting adjusted to unknown cultural surroundings. Workshops 2 and 3 will be particularly focused on your personal well-being in difficult circumstances. This involves keeping an eye on our energy levels and balance, i.e. how to measure, keep or improve them, coping with stress and how to achieve effective, assertive communication.
In the periods between these workshops we will use an online platform to keep in touch, to share insights and to discuss any emerging issues or questions.
Language of the training: English
Source: ELTE BTK