Call for applications for Lithuanian language and culture courses in winter
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of the particular country (applicable for the candidates from the Eastern Partnership, ASEM, Lithuania priority export market or all other countries).
- Requirements for the candidates from the group “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin”– the candidate has to meet all criteria listed below:
- aged between 18-29 years old;
- a child, grandchild, great-grandchild of Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have lived abroad at least three years or citizens of foreign states who have lost the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania shall be regarded as Lithuanians living abroad. A foreigner shall be considered to be a foreigner of Lithuanian descent if at least one of his parents or grandparents is or was Lithuanian and who considers himself Lithuanian).
Priorities will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the Lithuanian language and culture courses for the first time (this priority is not applicable for Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin);
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (it must be justified in the application form).
The candidates must provide copies of the listed documents through the online application system:
1. Completed application form (through online application system);
2. Official original letter from the candidate’s higher education and research institution approving the status of a student, lecturer or researcher. N. B. For students the letter must contain information on the applicant’s current cycle of studies (1st, 2nd or 3rd study cycle), year of studies and expected date of graduation.
3. One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer (provided through online application system or added to the application form as an attachment using this template form).
Required documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
Deadline of application
Deadline for the online application submission is the 25th of November, 2018. Regarding additional documents - please add all required documents to the application form through the online application system. Online application system will be closed at 11.59 p.m. Central European time (GMT+1) on the 25th of November, 2018.
14th of December, 2018 – e-mail notification on the results for the Lithuanian language and culture courses.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Rožių al. 2 Vilnius, LT-03106,
Phone: (+370~5) 250 7492, fax: (+370~5) 249 7137
Further information is available on the webpage of the Education Exchanges Support Foundation.