Ginsen, Grenoble International Smart Engineering Summer School
Both courses are taught by highly-qualified teaching staff in Grenoble INP-UGA’s fields of expertise. This year, GINSEN Summer Schools are offering a new option to students! They can design their summer programme by getting:
- Our “discover GINSEN” pack: 2 weeks of scientific lectures, lab sessions and visits to high-tech R&D facilities (from June 27th to July 8th, 2022 and 2 ECTS credits)
- And adding the “discover France” pack: 1 extra week of French, Management and Interculturality classes for a fully immersive experience (from June 20th to June 27th, 2022 and 1 ECTS credit)
As well as the usual social program with daily excursions, escape games and loads more!
The nanotechnology program specializes in nano functional materials and microsystems and is tailored for students in Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Telecommunication, Material Science, Electrical Engineering (preferably at 3rd year of bachelor's or 1st year master’s level).
The smart energy program capitalizes on Grenoble's expertise on energy and sustainable development and is tailored at students from IT or Energy (preferably at 2nd or 3rd year of bachelor's or 1st year master’s level).
• Online applications opened on Monday, December 13th, 2021 and close on Friday, March 11th, 2022
• The admission period takes place between Monday, March 14th, 2022 and Friday, April 8th, 2022
• Program dates: June 20th – July 8th, 2022
Or June 27th - July 8th, 2022
- Program description: scientific lectures, lab sessions and visits to high-tech R&D facilities, as well as Management, French Language and Interculturality classes for those who pick the “Discover France” pack.
- Teaching method: in-person. *
- Attribution of credits: 2 ECTS for 2 weeks, 3 ECTS for 3 weeks. **
- Extracurricular activities: daily excursions, boardgame nights, nights out with the international student’s association, escape games, etc.
« Discover GINSEN » pack
« Discover France » pack
Fees: 1 000 € for 2 weeks
Fees: 500 € for 1 week
- All lectures and practical sessions
- Accommodation in Grenoble, 1 private room per student
- Visits to high-tech scientific facilities
- Planned extracurricular activities
- Administrative registration fees
- Medical insurance (covering medical expenses and bills for the entire duration of the summer program)
- Civil liability
Scientific partnerships and collaborations
Grenoble INP - Phelma, UGA // Grenoble INP - Ense3, UGA // Grenoble INP - Ensimag, UGA //
CEA - French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission //
Minatec - Micro and Nanotechnology innovation campus //
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility //
CUEF - University Centre for French Studies