Introduction to quantitative research methods
The aim of the course is to provide students with a practicum experience applying multivariate statistical techniques to the analyses of any data set. Although some of the mathematical foundations of the considered statistical procedures will also be introduced, the main aim is to get practical knowledge about the multivariate data analyses techniques of sociological data. It is also important to understand that what kind of variables and which methods can be used to answer a given question or to explore a given problem. This course is followed by Multivariate statistical analysis 2.
- Dunteman, George H. 1989. Principal Component Analysis. SAGE Publications.
- Field, Andy. 2009. Discovering Statistics Using SPSS. SAGE Publications.
- Iversen, Gudmund R. 1987. Analysis of Variance. SAGE Publications.
- Schroeder, Larry D. 1986. Understanding Regression Analysis. SAGE Publications.
- Tacq, Jacques. 1997. Multivariate Analysis Techniques in Social Science Research. SAGE Publications.
- Kim, Jae-On. 1978. Introduction to Factor Analysis. SAGE Publications.