Minorities in the Media
Type of instruction
Part of degree program
Typically offered in
The course introduces directions of contemporary media and culture studies. It focuses especially on the most important concepts, questions and theories of media and cultural studies' minority aspects. According to interdisciplinarity of cultural studes, students will be introduced to relevant cultural anthropological, political and historical researches in the theoretical and practical field of the minority policy and media topic.
- Cottle, Simon (szerk.): Ethnic minorities and the media. Buckingham, Philadelphia: Open University Press, 2000.
- Erickson, Frederick: Talk and Social Theory. Cambridge: Polity Press, 2004.
- Griffin, Em: A first look at communication theory. McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1991.
- Hall, Stuart: “The Whites of Their Eyes – Racist Ideologist and the Media” In: Gender, Race, and Class in Media – A Text-Reader vol. 2. ed. by Gail Dines and Jean M. Humez, 89-93. London: SAGE Publications, 2003.
- Potter, James W.: Media Literacy. Thousand Oaks – London – New Delhi: Sage Publications, Inc., 1998.
- Reisigl, Martin és Wodak, Ruth: Discourse and Discrimination. Rhetorics of racism and antisemitism. London: Routledge, 2001