Modern Trends of Clinical Psychology Research: Psychodynamic Approaches to Personality Disorders
The course gives an introduction to the most recent findings of psychodynamic psychology of personality disorders. Developmental, object relational and neuronal underpinnigs will be discussed as well as the significance of early attachment and affect regulation. Specific personality disorders will be discussed and related psychotherapeutic strategies will be considered.
- Campbell, Miller (eds) (2011). The Handbook of Narcissism and Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Theoretical Approaches, Empirical Findings, and Treatments. Wiley.
- Clarkin et al. (eds) (2010). Psychodynamic Psychotherapy for Personality Disorders: A Clinical Handbook. American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Gabbard GO (2014). Psychodynamic Psychiatry in Clinical Practice. American Psychiatric Publ.
- Kernberg, OF (1984). Severe Personality Disorders: Psychotherapeutic Strategies. Yale Univ. Press.
- Kernberg OF (2004). Aggressivity, Narcissism and Self-Destructiveness in the Psychotherapeutic Relationship: New Developments in the Psychopathology and Psychotherapy of Severe Personality Disorders. Yale.
- Ronningstam (ed) (1998). Disorders of Narcissism: Diagnostic, Clinical, and Empirical Implications. American Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Shapiro D (1999). Neurotic Styles. Basic Books.