Physiology and Anatomy 1.
Aim of the course: Inform about the structure and functioning of the human body
Learning outcome, competences
- Structure and functions of different organ systems in the human body.
- Scientific approach.
- Perceive logical relationships about the structure, role and functioning of different organs.
Topics of the course
- Chemical foundations of biology
- Cellular membrane
- Resting and action potentials
- Communication between cells
- Muscle contraction
Learning activities, learning methods: the course is a lecture. Preparing for the exam includes
learning the material both in form of text and drawings. Preparing answers to essay questions
requires significant individual work.
Recommended reading list
Gerard J. Tortora, Bryan H. Derrickson: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology; 13th Edition;
Wiley Mark Nielsen, Shawn D. Miller: R