Physiology and Anatomy 2.
Aim of the course: Inform about the regulatory processes of the human body
Learning outcome, competences
- Functions of main regulatory systems in the human body.
- Scientific approach.
- Acquire information about the hormonal and nervous system, be able to see their role in different regulatory functions of the body.
Topics of the course
- Digestion, regulation of metabolism
- Calcium balance
- Structure of the endocrine system, the hypophysis
- Thyroid gland
- Adrenal gland
- Reproductive functions
- Sensory systems - somatosensation
- Motor control
- Auditory and vestibular system
Learning activities, learning methods: the course is a lecture. Preparing for the exam includes
learning the material both in form of text and drawings. Preparing answers to essay questions
requires significant individual work.
Recommended reading list
Gerard J. Tortora, Bryan H. Derrickson: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology; 13th Edition; Wiley
Mark Nielsen, Shawn D. Miller: Real Anatomy Software DVD; Wiley