Risk Taking, Innovation and Enterpreneurship in Individuals and in Organizations
Innovation is the engine of the social and economic growth. It requires creativity, entrepreneurial orientation and attitudes, and abilities to implement ideas. After reading and presenting comprehensive studies, meta analyses and empirical works on individual and organizational innovation, knowledge will be intensified through interactive discussions. Creativity will be regarded as a result of individual, social and cultural processes, which can be studied in experimental and field studies. After discussing the antecedents of creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation, the organizational conditions of innovation e.g. organizational culture, implementation of ideas, reaction of colleagues, team composition, leadership will be tackled. Finally the impact of the environmental conditions, such as the competitiveness of the partners, the political, economic and judicial climate will be analyzed. We aim to provide the participants with theoretical. methodical tools to gain innovative ideas for their own research.
- Lambert, L. (2011)Organization Culture And Innovation Impact Of Organization Culture On Innovation Academic Publishing.
- Dane E., Baer, M., Pratt, M.G., Oldham, G.R., 2011 Rational Versus Intuitive Problem Solving: How Thinking “Off The Beaten Path” Can Stimulate Creativity Psychology Of Aesthetics, Creativity, And The Arts 2011, Vol. 5, No. 1, 3-12.
- Van Dijk, D., Kluger, A.N. 2011 Task Type As A Moderator Of Positive/Negative Feedback Effects On Motivation And Performance: A Regulatory Focus Perspective Journal Of Organizational Behavior, J. Organiz. Behav. 32, 1084–1105 (2011)
- Baer, M. 2012. Putting Creativity To Work: The Implementation Of Creative Ideas In Organizations 2012, Vol. 55, No. 5, 1102–1119. Http://Dx.Doi.Org/10.5465/Amj.2009.0470
- Hammond, M.M., Neff, N.L., Farr, J.L., Schwall, A.R. 2011. Predictors Of Individual-Level Innovation At Work: A Meta-Analysis. Psychology Of Aesthetics, Creativity, And The Arts 2011 Vol. 5, No. 1, 90–105.
- Tummers, L., Kruyen, P. 2014. The Influence Of Leadership On Creativity: A Systematic Review Of Experimental Studies Conference “Next Steps For Public Administration In Theory And Practice: Looking Backward And Moving Forward” November 16th-18th, 2014.