Hungarian State Scholarships
Tempus Public Foundation offers scholarships for foreign higher education students, graduates, lecturers and researchers who would like to gain further knowledge and experience in Hungarian higher education institutions, research or art institutes.
Four types of scholarships are available in the academic year 2016/2017:
- Bachelor/Master/Doctoral partial/semester studies (3-10 months)
- Full Bachelor/Master/Doctoral programme
- Postgraduate and postdoctoral studies (min. 3 days - max. 10 months)
- 2016 summer courses (2-4 weeks)
Applicants, as future ministerial scholarship holders for partial/semester and full degree bachelor, master and doctoral studies, can only apply for programs held in Hungarian language. Tuition fee is covered by the Hungarian state.
Eligibility to apply:
- Applications by citizens of relations that have a valid educational work plan or a bilateral agreement signed by the Hungarian Government or the Ministry of Human Capacities and the relevant ministry of the given country or territory are entitled for the scholarship.
- Applications for all types of state scholarships are available for applicants from the following relations: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Students from the following relations are only eligible for full degree studies: Yemen
- Students from the following relations are eligible for partial studies in the field of Hungarian language and culture: Japan, People's Republic of China, Republic of Korea
- Lecturer and researcher scholarships are available for applicants from the following relations:Argentina, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, People's Republic of China, Republic of Korea, Republic of the Philippines, Russia, Syria, Ukraine, and Yemen
- Summer university courses are available for applicants from the following relations: Argentina, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korean Republic, Lebanon, Mexico, People’s Republic of China, Republic of the Philippines, Russia
Cases of non-eligibility
- Foreign citizens with an immigration/ settlement permit or in the course of applying for such a permit in Hungary, or dual citizens
- Foreign citizens with permanent residence in Hungary
- Foreign citizens employed on a permanent basis as defined by the Hungarian Labour Law
- Students in employment applying for part-time or correspondence study programmes
Please note that for all types of state scholarships applicantsmust be over 18 at the time of submitting the application.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit their applications in the online system of Tempus Public Foundation only.
Deadline for the application: Friday, 18 March 2016 (11 pm)
For more information please visit the official page of Tempus Public Foundation.
Here you can read the full Call for Application.
Here you can find the online application system.