International Training for Academic staff - Enhancing the Teaching Mobility Experience
AIM OF THE TRAINING
The training programme is based on the Teach with Erasmus+ project’s research results on the characteristics of teaching mobility and uses the Quality & Impact Tool for Teaching Mobility Assessment developed in the project as a source.
The main aim of the programme is to raise the awareness of the research results, the quality tool, the teaching mobility platform and other results of the Teach with Erasmus+ project, resulting in a better understanding of the opportunities and development possibilities that teaching mobilities offer.
By participating in the training programme, academics will engage in knowledge sharing and networking with other participants and enhance their understanding of opportunities that participating in a teaching mobility could offer. The learning outcomes of the training directly strengthens participant views of the possible hindering factors, organizational context and pedagogical aspects of teaching mobilities, which would allow the realization of a professionally rewarding teaching mobility experience in the future.
We are looking for Higher Education teaching staff from the any fields, who are interested in developing their international skills, plan to participate in international teaching activities in the future and wish to gain the maximum out of the experience. Junior teaching staff is particularly encouraged to apply.
There will be 4 consecutive modules on the following dates in the beginning of 2021:
- Module 1 - 27 January 2021
- Module 2 - 11 February 2021
- Module 3 - 25 February 2021
- Module 4 - 3 March 2021
Each module will last 2x2 hours in the afternoon.
ELTE will organize it on an online platform. Selected participants will receive the technical information about joining the meeting online before each module.
The programme is structured along 4 separate but interconnected modules.
It is possible to complete only a selection of modules, but for the certificate, the completion of all modules is necessary.
The modules will be organized in an online format, with the possibilities of additional asynchronous tasks between modules to complete practical tasks that were started during the synchronous activities.
Each module covers an important aspects of quality regarding teaching mobility, starting with the general aspects, getting to know the participants and their context (Module 1), following with design research enabled tools to understand motivational and hindering factors and the importance of organizational context regarding teaching mobility (Module 2). After that we tackle the issues of possible outcomes and results regarding teaching mobilities and how to enhance these possibilities from an individual (professional development) and a pedagogical approach (Module 3 and 4).
The modules are planned as 1-day synchronous training sessions (2-2 hours with one break) on different days.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTENT
Please note that some elements of content may change, and the final program will be communicated before the training.
Module 1 – Quality in teaching mobility
- Introduction to the TWE+ project (research results, quality tool, platform, pedagogical tools)
- Sharing of knowledge, experiences and good practices regarding teaching mobilities
- Analysing the system/national and institutional context for teaching mobility, special application due to the pandemic
- Reflection on the quality aspects of teaching mobility
Module 2 – Designing the quality teaching mobility experience
- Exploring the main hindering and motivational factors regarding teaching mobilities (creating user personas)
- Exploring the relevance of organizational context and support regarding teaching mobility (customer journey mapping)
- Reflection on the possibilities for making teaching mobility an attractive activity
Module 3 – Getting the most out of teaching mobilities
- Individual planning: aligning professional development needs to activities and feedback opportunities, exploring the possibilities of teaching mobility in realizing the plan (academic professional development plan)
- Pedagogical planning: planning your course/lecture for a teaching mobility, constructive alignment, intercultural understanding
- Reflection on the possible outcomes of teaching mobilities
Module 4 – Pedagogical aspects of teaching mobility
- Innovative pedagogical methods, student-centred learning, cooperative learning
- Enriching the digital teaching and learning experience
- Getting meaningful feedback from students
- Reflection on the pedagogical aspects of teaching mobilities