Call for offering international online courses
As part of their efforts to provide transnational learning experiences to their students, a number of CHARM-EU member institutions will provide access to a certain set of their on-line courses for the students at the partner universities and facilitate virtual exchange activities. Participating students will get first-hand transnational experience without physical mobility. The credits of the online courses will be recognised. ELTE’s Directorate of Education has launched a supplementary call for supporting academics joining the initiative.
If you are ready for an international university challenge and interested in becoming a member of an international faculty, submit your course now!
Your course should follow the following criteria:
- accredited as a core or as an elective course in a BA or MA programme at your university (students gain credits from the course)
- delivered in English (for the extended version / next academic year languages of the partners will be also included)
- course materials are available online in an LMS (Moodle, Teams, Canvas)
- either fully online (all students are online) or hybrid (regular students are offline, virtual exchange students are online at the same time)
- is delivered either synchronously or asynchronously
- interactive (seminars are preferred to lectures, where students have an opportunity to interact with the course materials, the instructor, and the other students in the class, for example during international group projects, Moodle forums or breakout rooms)
- in any study field (courses applying the CHARM pedagogical principles)
- certain study fields might get priority, these include courses related to: Sustainability and Climate Change; Transversal skills; Technology and STEM; Entrepreneurship, innovation, and business; European values, culture, and language
What are the benefits of participation?
- You can reach a diverse and broader group of students,
- You can expand the impact of your teaching activities in different CHARM-EU partner institutions,
- You can enhance cross-cultural exchanges for your students,
- You can enhance your academic reputation within an established European University Alliance.
You can submit your course by filling in this form: Transnational online learning in CHARM-EU. Please specify the course type, the course schedule, aims, requirements and the LMS platform to be used.
Deadline for submission of your course: 20th of November 2023.
Decision on the courses offered and publication of the course catalogue will be made early December also considering a certain level of balance between the partner universities. Courses will be run in line with the academic calendar and the standard administrative procedures of the host university.
You can find more information about CHARM-EU here.