Students having a scholarship provided by the Minister or students from a neighbour country attending a state-funded academic program
Students having a Scholarship provided by the Minister or students from a neighbour country attending a state-funded academic program
Students having a scholarship provided by the minister or students from a neighbour country attending a state-funded academic programme are entitled to to have a social security card ("TAJ card") according to (point i) of section (1) of paragraph 16 of the Act 53/1997 on the Eligibility for Social Security Benefits and Private Pensions and the Funding for These Services.
With the "TAJ card" (the card for Hungary’s national health insurance scheme), students are publicly ensured and they are able to access public healthcare for free at the health care institutions in their district, not just emergency or urgent care.
Those are entitled to have the TAJ card who have
- a Hungarian or foreign citizenship,
- who have no permanent accommodation in Hungary BUT
- have a temporary Hungarian accommodation
AND and belong to one of these categories:
- -who have scholarship provided by the minister for 10 or 12 months and has a non-European citizenship, or
- -who have scholarship provided by the minister for 10 months and is has a European citizenship, or
- -who have scholarship provided by the minister for 10 or 12 months, and live in a neighbouring country having a Hungarian citizenship
- -who have come to study based on an international agreement (scholarship is provided by the foreign institution) and have a foreign citizenship
- -who are studying in a state funded programme, and fall under the Act LXII of 2001 on Hungarians living in neighbouring countries (who have Croatian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Ukraine citizenship and have a Hungarian citizenship, or a Hungarian Card or a Hungarian Relative Card)
HOW TO REQUEST THE TAJ CARD?
Please check the Quaesture Office'a guide: https://qter.elte.hu/Statikus.aspx/GyIK-TAJ
HOW AM I GOING TO GET THE TAJ CARD
The Quaestura Office will inform you via e-mail as soon as you can pick up your TAJ card in person at Quaestura Office.
Please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here.
Before you ask for a treatment, please always ask if you can use your TAJ card for the service. If you need help and would like to visit the doctor, please contact your local, Hungarian-speaking mentor who can help you with finding a doctor.
In case of emergency, do not hesitate to visit a medical emergency service ("ügyelet”).
In urgent cases, you will receive the medical teatment. Until you receive your TAJ card, in case of emergency, please always take with you your "Letter of Award” (scholarship holders), your "certificate of student status” and your passport and residence permit with the accommodation reporting form.
More about health care in Hungary: