Private insurance for SH, HDP and SYCP scholarship holders
If you are a scholarship holder within the framework of Stipendium Hungaricum, Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship and Scholarship Programme for Young Christian People, you are eligible for a supplementary private heath insurance, providing you health care services in English. (Please do not forget that you are also entitled to have a social security card). The costs of the insurance are covered by the scholarship programmes.
The health insurance card is valid only together with your passport; therefore, it is particularly important that you carry both the Health Insurance Card and your passport at all times.
Basic information about the health insurance
„UniMed 2.0. Health Insurance”
UNION Vienna Insurance Group Biztosító Zrt. (1082 Budapest, Baross u. 1.)
within the territory of Hungary
Period of insurance:
In the autumn semester: from September 1 of a given year to January 31 of the following year;
In the spring semester: from February 1 to August 31 of a given year.
HUF 1,000,000 / semester
The insurance company shall pay a maximum of one million HUF to cover the costs of medical and health services received by the insured in medical necessity during the insurance period/policy term specified on the insured’s statement:
of which maximum HUF 50,000 may be paid to cover the costs of medicines,
HUF 50,000 to cover medical equipments and bandages (upon doctor’s prescription),
HUF 200,000 to cover dental and oral treatments requiring immadiate care
and HUF 750,000 for repatriation.
How to apply for medical and health care services:
You are kindly advised to request medical treatment as soon as you notice symptoms and not to wait until your condition significantly deteriorates. If you feel that your condition requires the attention of a medical professional, please schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
In an emergency, please call the emergency services numbers, 112 or 104 (Hungary).
In other cases always call the designated service provider.
Designated service provider:
Teladoc Hungary Kft
Medical call centre day and night:
for Students studying in Budapest: + 36 1 776 7027
for Students studying outside of Budapest: +36 1 461 1572
In case of a medical problem:
- calling + 36 1 776 7027 / +36 1 461 1572
- identifying yourself (name, birth date, passport number, education ID)
- brief description of your medical problem
- telephone consultation for your medical care
- getting the doctor’s name, address and the date and time of your appointment
- on-site appearance at the doctor
- identifying yourself with your residence permit or passport (student ID is not acceptable)
It is important that you clearly understand what events are covered under the insurance you wish to take out.
Before taking out the insurance policy, please read carefully the documents below which are integral parts of the insurance policy.
Please be advised that as set forth in the policy conditions and in the Product Information, there are cases which are not covered under this insurance, or where the benefit payment is limited, or where the Insurance Company may be relieved from benefit payment.
|Student Consent Statement|
|Insurance Product Information||Download as PDF|
|Customer Information||Download as PDF|
How to Apply
HOW TO TAKE OUT INSURANCE
1.) Download and print the Student Consent Statement
2.) Complete and sign the document according to the following conditions:
- In the Mother's maiden field, enter the full name
- Give the place and time of your birth accurately
- In the permanent address field, you must enter your Hungarian address
- Please enter your name for each of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th sections
- Accurate date (Budapest - year/month/day) and signature are required at the bottom of the document
- The statement needs to be readable and must be completed by HAND, in CAPITAL LETTERS, with BLUE INK!
- Write your NEPTUN code with PENCIL on the back of the statement
IMPORTANT: Please observe the conditions above carefully! If any data or signature is missing, the statement is not acceptable!
3.) Data verification
- Check if your passport number is accurate in Neptun and that your have a Hungarian telephone number recoreded
- If the passport number in Neptun is not correct, change it with the help of your Registrar's Office or Quaestura before submitting your insurance statement!
4.) Bring the statement to Quaestura (1053. Budapest, Egyetem tér 5.)
- Bring the printed, completed and signed declaration to Quaestura and put it in a box (see PHOTO) set up for this purpose, placed inside at the entrance (see PHOTO). Please note that the statement cannot be sent by post!
- VERY IMPORTANT: do not come inside further than the box, thus paying attention to the safety and health of our colleagues in the current worsening epidemic situation.
- Statements can be submitted to the Quaestura at the following dates:
- Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- After this, Quaestura will notify you by e-mail about the result of the insurance.