General information to incoming participants
Contacts and Information
- With general information please contact the Tempus Public Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Hungarian National Contact Point for CEEPUS.
- With specific questions regarding Eötvös Loránd University and Ceepus Grant payment procedure, please contact Ms Anikó Szontágh at email@example.com Educational issues are to be discussed with the Network/Academic Coordinators. You can find the contacts here.
- Educational administration (registration, Neptun, Studnet ID) are to be asked at the Faculty Administration. You can find a list of coordinators (Erasmus coordinators also handle Ceepus motilities) at the Faculty Contacts.
- Dormitory applications and contact is available here.
Arrival and Registration
Upon your arrival, we ask you to confirm your arrival as soon as possible. Please visit your faculty administration, ask them to register you by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com confirming that you have arrived on that day.
As soon as we have the email confirming your arrival, we can start the payment procedure.
- Students (ST, S) can receive their Ceepus Grant either in cash or via bank transfer. Either option you choose, the grants are to be withdrawn on a monthly basis, not in one amount.
- Teachers can only receive their grants via bank transfer.
For the bank transfer, we need the following data sent by e-mail to the above mentioned colleagues (all of them without spelling mistakes or any other mistypes)
- Bank Account Holder's Name
- IBAN number
- Swift code
- Bank's name
The Cash Desk (where you can have your cash)
The Cash Desk is at 1056 Budapest, Szerb Utca 21-23. Ground floor, go straight from the entrance through the ally, the cash desk is the second door to the left. The Cash Desk is open on every Wednesday and Thursday from 09:30-12:30, in the next months you can automatically withdraw your money on these days in the new month.
You can withdraw the money from the Cash Desk in one week after your registration, if you register on MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY in the usual open hours of the Cash Desk- so from the first Wednesday following that week. If you register on the 6th, 7th, 8th March 2017 – you can receive your grant from 16th March 2017 the earliest.(As 15th March is a National Holiday).
You can withdraw the money from the Cash Desk in two weeks after your registration, if you register on THURSDAY or FRIDAY in the usual open hours of the Cash Desk, so from the second Wednesday following that week. If you register on the 9th 10th March 2017, you can receive your grant from the 22nd March 2017 the earliest.
You will receive your grant on your bank account also in approximately one-two week. In case you are visiting only for a week, and you cannot register earlier, please contact us in order to manage your situation individually. You have to indicate your payment preference at least 1 week before the date of your arrival at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If you do not send an email about your payment preference, we will automatically consider that you choose to receive cash.
The CEEPUS Agreement entered into force in 1995. Today there are 15+ members states and since 1995 more than 47.000 students and teachers have been exchanged. The aim of the exchange program is to enable the reception of teachers, student exchanges, participation in special courses and summer universities.
Current member countries
Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, the Slovak Republic and Slovenia. Prishtina/Kosovo is also participating.
Who are eligible to apply?
- Students and faculty members of an eligible CEEPUS University that are citizens of a CEEPUS member state
- Students completed 2 semesters of studies (by the time they are being exchanged by CEEPUS)
- Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship holders are not eligible for Ceepus Scholarship
How to apply?
- Only via on-line system
- Please read HOWTO: Register?
- Check the list of the current Networks on the official website.
- Individual mobility
- Autumn semester: 15th June
- Spring semester: 31st October
- Freemover mobility: 30th November
Categories of mobility grants
- Student: if you are a student and you want to stay for AT LEAST 3 months
- Short Term Student: if you are a student and you want to stay for LESS than 3 months, e.g. for a regular excursion (min. 10 days) or if you are a thesis student
- Teacher: if you are a teacher, please always choose ONLY THIS category, no matter for how long you want to stay
- Short Term Excursion (min. 3 days): select this if you are a student and you want to participate in this special activity
Network mobilities do not have to upload anything!
Freemover students have to upload the letter of acceptance and the letter of recommendation. You will find both on your mobility desktop.
- Freemover Letter of Acceptance – a document issued by the Hungarian host institution about their willingness to recieve you as an exchange student
- 2 Letters of Recommendation – issued by lecturers of the home university
You can download the blankets from the official website of CEEPUS. All documents have to be signed and stamped. Other forms are not acceptable. The host institution does not have access to the Freemovers’ online Letter of Confirmation, therefore the document is issued only on paper. You can download the form from here.
You have to send a scanned version of your Letter of Confirmation to the host National CEEPUS Office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information via CEEPUS website and Tempus Public Foundation website. With specific questions regarding Eötvös Loránd University please contact Ms Anikó Szontágh at email@example.com. Educational issues are to be discussed with the Network/Academic Coordinators. Contacts are available here.