The CEEPUS Agreement entered into force in 1995. Today there are 15+ members states and since 1995 more than 47.000 students and teachers have been exchanged. The aim of the exchange program is to enable the reception of teachers, student exchanges, participation in special courses and summer universities.
Current member countries
Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, the Slovak Republic and Slovenia. Prishtina/Kosovo is also participating.
Who are eligible to apply?
- Students and faculty members of an eligible CEEPUS University that are citizens of a CEEPUS member state
- Students completed 2 semesters of studies (by the time they are being exchanged by CEEPUS)
- Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship holders are not eligible for Ceepus Scholarship
How to apply?
- Only via on-line system
- Please read HOW TO: Register?
- Check the list of the current Networks on the official website.
- Individual mobility
- Autumn semester: 15th June
- Spring semester: 31st October
- Freemover mobility: 30th November
Categories of mobility grants
- Student: if you are a student and you want to stay for AT LEAST 3 months
- Short Term Student: if you are a student and you want to stay for LESS than 3 months, e.g. for a regular excursion (min. 10 days) or if you are a thesis student
- Teacher: if you are a teacher, please always choose ONLY THIS category, no matter how long you want to stay
- Short Term Excursion (min. 3 days): select this if you are a student and you want to participate in this special activity
Network mobility applicants do not have to attach any documents to their application!
Freemover students have to upload the letter of acceptance and the letter of recommendation. You will find both on your mobility desktop.
- Freemover Letter of Acceptance – a document issued by the Hungarian host institution about their willingness to receive you as an exchange student. At ELTE, the faculty administration is responsible for signing the document. If you are unable to determine, which faculty you should write to, you can also write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, your subject field, your home university and the planned mobility period.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation – issued by lecturers of the home university
Freemover teachers have to upload the Teachers’ Letter – a document issued by the host institution about their willingness to recieve you as a guest teacher. At ELTE, the departmental coordinators are responsible for signing the document. Please contact the faculty administration or write an e-mail to email@example.com, stating your name, your subject field, your home university and the planned mobility period.
You can download the blankets from the official website of CEEPUS. All documents have to be signed and stamped. Other forms are not acceptable.
With specific questions regarding Eötvös Loránd University and CEEPUS Grant payment procedure, please contact Ms Orsolya Pósch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Educational/academic issues are to be discussed with the faculty or Network/Academic Coordinators.