• The biocompatibility and its relation to the application of biomaterials. Polymeric
• biomaterials, the dynamics of polymer surfaces. The analysis of the „bio response‖ as an
• interfacial phenomenon. • Concepts of surface modification and design. Experimental techniques to characterize the
• interaction between biomaterials and bioliquids. The role of protein adsorption, its
• characteristic features and possible investigation.
Practical examples: implants, medical devices, drug delivery systems.
J. D. Andrade: Surface and Interfacial Aspects of Biomedical Polymers, Plenum Pr. N.Y. 1985
B. D. Ratner, A. S. Hoffman, F. J. Schoen, J. E. Lemons: Biomaterials Science, Academic Pr. San Diego, 1996.
Scientific papers in Medical Devices