● Introduction. Immunoglobulin structure, generation by recombination of gene segments; Antibody engineering: Genetic engineering vs. Chemical engineering
● Rekombinant antibody formats and their uses I. Generation of various antibody fragments, oligomerization strategies.
● Rekombinant antibody formats and their uses II. Humanization; design of effector functions – Fc engineering, whole antibodies and their uses.
● Alternatives to antibodies and fields of application Rekombinant antibodies in proteomics, protein chips (protein microarrays).
● Bioinformatics for rekombinant antibody design sequence analyss, database searches (imgt, PubMed), analysis of V region usage.
● Phage display - invited speaker: Gábor Pál Bakteriophage technologies in immunology, basics of phage display and its potential uses in immunology.
● Human immunoglobulin production in transgenic and transchromosomal mice and cattle. – invited speaker: Imre Kacskovics Production and relevance of polyclonal human antibodies, human monoclonal antibodies from mice, the role of FcRn in immunotherapy.
● Therapeutic recombinant antibodies and their clinical useI.– autoimmune disorders : Péter Gergely j. Possibilities of monoclonal antibody therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.– neoplastic disorders: András Rosta Strategies for the treatment of neoplastic disorders using monoclonal antibodies.
● Design and generation of soluble receptors - invited speaker: István Kurucz natural soluble receptors and their function, solubilization and characterization of membrane receptors, expression strategies
● Therapeutic recombinant antibodies and their clinical use II. Industrial scale production of antibodies, general strategies and requirements, the long way from genes to drugs.
● Recombinant vaccines modified pathogens, recombinant proteins, DNA vaccines.
● Multiplex measurement techniques Cytometric bead arrays in immunology
● Nanobeads in immunology immunological properties of nanobeads, interactions with macrophages and dendritic cells, nanobead targeting
● Cell therapy in immunology Hematopoetic stem cells and gene therapy for the treatment of immunologic disorders
Antibody Engineering : Methods and Protocols Author(s): Lo, Benny K. C. Format: Hardcover
Humana Press, 2004, DOI: 10.1226/1588290921
Recombinant Antibodies Frank Breitling, Stefan Dübel, John Wiley, 1999, ISBN: 978-0-471-17847-7 Paper