Reproduction of Plants I
1. Discovery of plant sex, a brief history .
2. The evolution of sex, sex and recombination, advantages and disadvantages of sexual and asexual reproduction.
3. Comparison of different life cycles.
4. Sex of algae
5. Sex and life cycle of liverworts and mosses.
6. Lycopodium and Selaginella, reduction and heterospory.
7. Life cycle of horsetails and ferns, izo-,homo-, and heterospory.
8. Sex life of Cycads. Variations for male gametophyte in gymnosperms.
9. A special group: Gnetophyta.
10. The ovule and megasporogenesis of angiosperms.
11. Development, and types of embrio sac. Function and ultastructure of female gametophyte cells.
12. Microsporogenesis, structure of anther, forms and function of tapetum.
13. Development of male gametophyte, pollen and pollen wall.
14. Pollination, flower adaptation to pollinators.
S.R. Mishra: Plant Reproduction, Discovery Publishing House, 2005
Sharman D. O'Neill, Jeremy A. Roberts: Plant Reproduction, Taylor & Francis, 2002