About the Erasmus+ App
The first version of the Erasmus + App was developed in 2017, on the 30th anniversary of the Erasmus+ program. After three years it reached a level of maturity that called for an enhancement. A consortium led by Eötvös Loránd University together with its partners, the European University Foundation and Erasmus Student Network, and IT subcontractors (Eworx, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki), is working on the improvement of the App that matches the expectations of the 21st century and the students of the digital era.
The Erasmus+ App as a central element of the European Student Card Initiative provides a so-called online one-stop shop for students so that they can easily access and complete all the administrative steps related to their mobility period, before, during and after their stay. The App allows students to find all the information they need to gain the highest quality mobility experience abroad.
The renewed Erasmus+ App
As one of the first milestones of the project, the renewed Erasmus+ App, was unveiled at an online event involving the European Commission, higher education representatives and students on 28 January 2021.
The new Erasmus+ App ensures that students across Europe receive a wide range of information about mobility opportunities and mobility-related tools and services in one place. The App allows students to find all the information they need to gain the highest quality mobility experience abroad.
The general objectives of the application and the project are to develop the Erasmus+ mobile application and its accessible desktop version in such a way that they become the single entry point mentioned above for higher education students and the source of wide range of information for other target groups of the Erasmus + mobility application type (VET, Youth).
The Erasmus+ App offers users a number of information and services needed to successfully complete their mobility period:
- Structured information in 23 EU languages on the opportunities available under the Erasmus+ umbrella;
- Mobility Journey guiding the student through all phases of mobility: before, during and after;
- Tips, events, stories, discounts: information from other students, student organisations and Higher Education Institutions;
- Centralized access to services connected to the Erasmus+ programme
- Status updates and notifications from relevant student services;
- Providing digital application procedure for Erasmus+ study mobility participants through the App
- Support for generating a digital European Student Card through the App
More information is available on the project website: hello.erasmusapp.eu
Download the App at: