The University Athletics Club
The University Athletics Club
Trainings organized by the University Athletics Club
The University Athletics Club (BEAC) offers sports opportunities to students and ELTE employees, as well. The sports club organizes and keeps trainings in over 30 different sports, both for women and men. The trainings are availble for everybody from all ages and nations, including international students and lecturers, former ELTE students and staff.
- Team sports: futsal, handball, basketball, football, volleyball, waterpolo, cheerleading
- Martial arts: box, jiu-jitsu, goju-ryu karate, kick-box, muay thai, kung fu
- Aerobics: body shaping, dinamic yoga, pilates, zumba, fat burning
- Dances: argentine tango, belly dance, hip-hop, modern dance
- Workout: functional circuit training, weightlifting, interval training with weight, TRX
- Sports where a racket is used: table tennis, badminton
- Other sports: air flow yoga, athletics, ballance training, curling, darts, climbing, yoga in the botanical garden, yoga, kayak- canoe, gym, polefitness, chess, spinning, floor gymnastics, orienteering , hiking, triatlon (swimming, running, cycling)
For more information on the actual sport courses, please visit the official page of ELTE-BEAC.
Are you an international student in Budapest? Show us your ESNcard, and you can buy passes for BEAC trainings with discount - even if you are not an ELTE student.
The University Athletics Club (BEAC)
The University Athletics Club (BEAC) was founded in 1898 as one of the very first Hungarian sports clubs. Its first chairman was the worldwide famous scientist and statesman, Loránd Eötvös. Even since its first years the newly operating club has become an important factor of professional sport life. First sports were athletics, gymnastics and sword play. The club had an important effect in the naturalization of many sports in Hungary as it offered a wide range of activities.
The primary aim of BEAC is to ensure quality, professional sports opportunities for ELTE students and for the youth of Budapest. Since its foundation, members of the University Athletics Club have won six Olympic and 400 Hungarian champion titles.
Olympic gold medals of BEAC:
- Sándor Prokopp, shooting, 1912
- Ferenc Csík, 100m freestyle, 1936
- dr. Imre Rajczy, member of sword team, 1936
- Aladár Kovács, member of pentathlon team, 1952
- Jenő Hámori, member of sword team, 1956
- Angéla Németh, javelin-throwing 1968
The organization functions on two platforms: Firstly, it ensures sport opportunities for university students; secondly, it endeavors to achieve traditional high-level results in competitive sports.
Departments: aerobics and cheerleading, athletics, badminton, basketball, chess, fitness and physical performance, football, futsal, handball, hiking, indoor climbing, martial arts, orienteering, table tennis, tennis, triathlon, volleyball, and waterpolo
ELTE-BEAC Sport Office
Address: 1117 Budapest, Bogdánfy Ödön Street 10.
EHÖK Sports Referent