Health insurance can be certified by having an EU health insurance card valid for the whole mobility period or any other health insurance that is valid in the host country during the whole mobility period. In case of traineeship mobilities, it is the student's responsibility to select and take out appropriate liability and accident insurance if it is needed.

As you must have a valid insurance for the entire duration of your mobility, if your EU health insurance card is due to expire during your mobility, you must renew it in time. Please note that you already have the option to do this online, through the customer gate. Scan the new card and send it to the e-mail address

What you should pay attention to:

  • You added the same insurance information (type and number) on the form as you sent to your faculty coordinator. 
  • The insurance should cover the whole mobility period.
  • If you have European Health Insurance Card (in case you are an EU citizen) both sides of the card should be scanned or photographed. 
  • In case of any other type of insurance please upload the photo/scan/printscreen of the insurance contract. the photo/scan/printscreen must includes the validity, preferably the type or at least the name of the insurance. 
  • The photograph taken of the insurance must be legible.