Mohammad Azeem Khan
Study program: Computer Science BSc
Period of studies at ELTE: 2020.02.01 - 2023.01.31
"The exposure you get when you study in another country with students from different cultures and backgrounds teaches you a lot and broadens your horizons considerably."
What stood out to you about ELTE?
A good environment for learning is what ELTE provides with the necessary infrastructure. ELTE has the reputation of being one of the best universities in Hungary and it is quite research oriented having independent as well as joint research and projects with many universities and companies.
What makes studying at ELTE so great?
- Rich culture (students from a lot of different countries)
- Amazing campuses
- Research and projects
- Budapest - best city in Hungary
What are / were your challenges in your study program?
Online classes (because of the pandemic)
Balance between theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge (I think this problem exists almost everywhere because of the orientation of the past education system).
How did you overcome these challenges?
By having patience and understanding how serious the pandemic is.
It is yet to be solved but the strategy is to create a balance between university and professional/career studies (by that I mean skills required in the workforce).
How would you describe ELTE in three words?
Best Hungarian University.
How do you think your degree will help you in your life and career?
- I think at least it can show the HR teams of companies that I have done something productive these few years. When coupled with some good experience it can give me an opportunity as a potential employee in Hungary and in Europe.
- The exposure you get when you study in another country with students from different cultures and backgrounds teaches you a lot and broadens your horizons considerably (although Coronavirus has somewhat ruined this opportunity).
- We can have a good network in such an environment.
- ELTE has research and project options for students which can really make the degree valuable.
Do you have any recommendations for future students at ELTE?
Surely, I have. Well first of all it depends on the major of the prospective student, if anyone is interested in studying in Hungary, then surely majors such as BSc, MSc (Computer Science) in the Faculty of Informatics, Faculty of Law are the best options for any student. There are other reasons as well, which I have mentioned above.
In addition, Budapest is a culturally rich city with so many historical places, sites, good transportation, connectivity and in terms of prices, it is also less expensive than some other European cities.